Friday, September 20, 2024

Travelling creature

Delaney Davidson and Marlon Williams - Sad But True (2012) **

Nominated by: KS

Music club: Wander to Wozza's

Playlist addition:  Travelling Creature

I struggled with this one. 

Cutting to the chase - it's just not my cup of tea. However, I have decided to just have positive comments in this post without any qualifiers, because I do not want to be a negative Nelly, nor do I want to rain on Kevy's parade. He and GK love this music and good luck to them, I say!

So, the positives:

  • Marlon Williams' voice. I actually own a CD of his! He has a great voice. It's impressive and easy to love.
  • Track one, Travelling Creature, gave me hope - banjo and old timey music certainly has a place in my collection. Using a pejorative tone, Jacky calls it Hillbilly Music and always tells me to find 'some nice music'.
  • Pedal steel guitar. I also love this instrument. It's best use here is on Trail Of Broken Hearts.
  • Demon Claws' musical referencing of Rawhide.
As always, it's good to try something out of the comfort zone, so thanks for that Kevy.

Okay, my turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment