Monday, February 26, 2024

Spectacle of ritual

Kali Malone - The Sacrificial Code (2019) ***

Nominated by: Alex

Music club: MNAC

MNAC playlist addition:  Or Something

Good call from Alex - listen to the album while working. He's bang on. For the last two weeks, it easily accompanied my early mornings while working at school. As staff arrived they would comment on the sounds very favourably.

My ambient music genre go-to albums are usually Bass Communion, Eno/Harold Budd, Tangerine Dream, Neu!, Alice Coltrane and Courtney Barnett. Now I can add Kali Malone to that list.

The textures crept up on me while I was working in a very pleasant way. The listening experience wasn't as good in the car on the commute though - I need something with a bit more pep in that context. Plus, I was more actively listening which didn't work as well.

I've chosen single worthy Or Something to highlight but really the album is an entity to itself and needs to unwind as it was envisioned by Kali Malone.

Thanks for the introduction Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment