Sunday, July 30, 2023

Getting it right (Caitlin Rose)

Caitlin Rose - Cazimi (2022) ***

Nominated by: Lewis K

Music club: MNAC

MNAC playlist addition:  Gemini Moon

I really enjoyed Cazimi! 

She sounds a little like Jenny Lewis at times (and I love Jenny Lewis' voice), and a few other female singers that I can't put my finger on right now. It's a modern kind of sound that these modern types have tuned into and it's very easy on the ear. Maybe they are their own sub genre in the pop/rock genre.

Caitlin sounds a lovely mix of alt country, Americana, folk and pop.

It's a strong album - no duds/skips, with Gemini Moon my clear stand out - I hit repeat on this track every time I listened to the album, and Holdin' was another firm favourite.

Not much more to say really - a winner winner chicken dinner Lew. Thanks for the introduction.



No comments:

Post a Comment